19 May 2010

Gorkhali Indian Idol in Gorkha Paltan

myrepublica.com 
 
AVASH KARMACHARYA 
KATHMANDU, May 17: “When a Gorkhali decides to join a battalion, he promises to do anything and everything for his country. He vows that he will not be carried away by his emotions and will remain disciplined to guard his nation from all odds,” Dr Pradip Bhattrai, a film critic and prominent film journalist shared. “Director and producer Narayan Rayamajhi’s upcoming film Gorkha Paltan is such a film that recounts all that a Lahure has to go through in his life.” 


Directed and produced by Narayan Rayamajhi, Gorkha Paltan, an upcoming celluloid film released its album under the presentation of Music.Com at The Bakery Café in Sundara yesterday.

The comedy duo MaHa jodi (Madan Krishna Shrestha and Hari Bansha Acharya) officially released the album of the film, which is composed by BB Anuragi and is brought out by Music.Com.

What makes Gorkha Paltan a must-see and it’s album a must-buy is that this feature film has debuted Indian Idol 3 Prashant Tamang as the lead hero in the film and most of the soundtracks in the film is voiced by Tamang.

“I’ve always been a great fan of MaHa jodi. As a child, I always dreamt meeting with them someday. Today, I can’t express how happy I am to have received this privilege of releasing my album from these gigantic figures of the Nepali screen,” the excited singer turned actor enthused, adding, “Their consistency is an inspiration to all. I promise to follow their footsteps. I promise to keep singing as long as there is life in me.”

The function also marked Madan Krishna Shrestha’s birthday, who turned 60 on Saturday. In no time, people stood up to sing birthday song for Shrestha while the prominent actor got carried away as he was cutting the cake.

“Sixty and 16 sounds quite familiar and I’d prefer to be called sixteen,” the birthday boy shared humorously referring to the sixteen candles lit on his birthday cake. “Thank you so much for your love and thank you so much for making my birthday loud and colorful. And, I wish Gorkha Paltan to do a great business. I’d like to convey my best wishes to Prashant Tamang’s musical journey. May he shine as an actor as well,” Shrestha concluded.

Singer turned actor Tamang requested his fans to accept him as an actor too.

“You showered me your love and bestowed me with your blessings when I dreamt of becoming a singer. Now I’m dreaming of becoming an actor too. I’m sure you’ll accept my new avatar too,” the former Indian Idol put in emotionally.
 


Published on 2010-05-17 10:14:52



No comments: