25 March 2008

It does not matter who is the winner

The "better" will still outshine the mere "good". I have seen this on numerous occasions in my life and saw it yet again today. Only today, I couldn't resist from blogging about it.

A random surf on YouTube today told me that Prashant Tamang, the winner of the Indian Idol 3 contest on TV has released his first ever album. What has surprised me the most is that there was not a single mention of this either on TV, radio, WorldSpace, the daily newspapers or on the Internet. Even if there was some tiny little heading hiding on page 7, it didn't grab my attention.

On the other hand, the remaining 4 guys of the final 5 in the same competition have also launched a gang called "F4" (final four?). You would have been on another planet if you have not heard "Tu to na aayi" beaming all over the radio and television sets.

The point is that it doesn't really matter who the formal winner is. It was widely believed that Prashant was climbing up the success ladder in each round because of the massive regional support he had. Even the judges admitted to that. Awesome singers including Amit (runner up), Emon, Chang and Deepali (who was my personal favorite contestant) just couldn't churn enough "votes" to make it through.

Still there is no denying that what they got from this contest will be enough to get their career at par (if not more) than what Prashant would ever achieve, despite being crowned as the winner. They don't need to tell the world that they are "Indian Idol", they know they are already.

Talent will never hide. True talent will never succumb to failure. And as life has taught me so far, to get something, you need to want it really badly. These guys wanted it, and they all got it.
http://blog.gauravgupta.in/2008/03/it-doesnt-matter-who-winner-is.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Toner, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://toner-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.