11 December 2007

He had a gana ka duty'



His mother Roopa and younger sister Archana have also come from Darjeeling.

Archana, pretty in a royal blue silk Tibetan costume, goes to college in Darjeeling. Being the sister of the immensely popular Prashant has certainly made college life quite different since October, she acknowledges shyly.

Roopa Tamang, very soft-spoken and gentle, says with special emotion, "I feel a lot of happiness and I would like to acknowledge all the people, our pahadi log and everyone else who voted for him on SMS..."

"From a child he had a shok (passion) for singing. He has been singing ever since he was a small boy. He had a gana ka duty. Uska sapna tha ki ek din woh gana mein jayega (He has an obligation towards singing. He dreamed of one day following a career in singing.)"

Post-Indian Idol 3 Roopa has been Prashant's ambassador meeting the multitudes who come by to express their sheer joy over his win.

"Since his win everybody has been coming. Everybody is welcome in my house. Everybody has sent SMS-es and everyone has come to give their congratulations," she explains.

Prashant too is full of gratitude. "After the final my life has not really has changed. It is just that I don't get time. There are recordings. Time goes. There have been two to three shows. I don't get time to get out much. My fan 'public' has grown. It is wonderful to have so many fans. I am very grateful for their pyaar and mohabbat."

No comments: